Over time, the natural aging process begins to take its toll on our facial skin. A combination of a variety of factors have been associated with skin wrinkles and signs of aging, including – but not limited to – the following:
- Collagen depletion. Collagen, a naturally-occurring protein that is responsible for the firmness of skin, naturally depletes as we age. As a consequence of this, wrinkles and fine lines become more pronounced.
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal changes can change alter the cellular structure of skin, which in turn makes wrinkles, crow’s feet, and related issues more prominent.
- Repetitive use of facial muscles. We all use our facial muscles every day to form expressions; we raise our eyebrows, smile, frown, and knit our brows. Other time, our skin begins to reflect these familiar expressions, and the loss of collagen means that skin can no longer spring back – instead gathering into folds and wrinkles.
- Sleep and pillow lines. Facial wrinkles are an unfortunate consequence of side or stomach sleeping. While sleep lines tend to disappear relatively quickly on younger skin, for the same reasons as mentioned above, the lines can become more noticeable as people age and, in time, may become permanently visible.
- Fat loss. The loss of subcutaneous fat, combined with the impact of collagen depletion, can cause age-related issues beyond lines and wrinkles – in particular, sagging skin along the jawline, dark spots, irregular pigmentation, or prominent, permanent creases around the lips, brows, and eyes.
What Is The Impact Of These Signs Of Aging?
For most individuals, noticing the above signs of aging is concerning – and, for some, can greatly impact their self-confidence and overall well-being. Worse yet, signs of facial aging are not necessarily reflective of an individual’s true age – for example, excess sun exposure can cause an individual to look far older than their actual years, which can be extremely harmful to their self-esteem.
How Can Facial Aging Be Managed?
Given the concern signs of aging can cause, it is only natural that most people seek solutions that can help to restore their facial skin back to its best. Thankfully, there are a number of solutions that are available – but some come with efficacy warnings or significant side effects.
For example, investing in high-quality skincare products is arguably the most common choice for those seeking a skin makeover. Unfortunately, skincare products are rarely effective – a topical treatment simply isn’t able to offer proven results for system issues. While skincare products may improve certain aspects of skin appearance, their efficacy is severely limited.
It is often presumed that if skincare products do not elicit results, the most obvious solution is surgery – face lifts, for example, are known for their ability to help eliminate signs of aging. However, any surgical procedure carries risks, which can be concerning. Furthermore, some people find that while they would like to see their skin improve, a full, surgical procedure seems to be beyond their needs – early signs of aging are unlikely to require such a significant intervention.
As a result of the above, many people wonder if they are stuck: skincare products are not producing results, but they do not yet feel they need to explore full surgical cosmetic procedures.
If the above sounds familiar, then there is good news: a non surgical facial rejuvenation could be the perfect choice for you.
What Is A Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation?
The purpose of a non surgical facial rejuvenation is to improve the appearance of facial skin without the need for a complete surgical procedure. A variety of different techniques are used to accomplish this goal, as we will discuss in more detail below.
Forever Young BroadBand Light
Forever Young BroadBand Light (BBL) uses light therapy in order to deliver incredible improvements to the appearance and texture of facial skin. The technology has been shown to be particularly effective at combating issues such as:
- Dark age spots
- Broken blood vessels
- Sun damage
- Early signs of aging, such as lines or shallow wrinkles
If you’re a skincare product fan, then hyaluronic acid is likely to be a familiar ingredient; the acid is renowned for its ability to provide hydration and firmness. However, topical hyaluronic acid applied topically can only be so effective; opting for Voluma, a facial filler that uses hyaluronic acid, can allow you to see the greatest benefits from this beneficial protein. Voluma helps to add structural support to the face, jawline, and cheeks – resulting in a much more youthful appearance.
Botox is perhaps the most well-known non surgical treatment for skin aging. As we discussed above, many of the signs of aging are caused by repeated use of facial muscles, which can permanently change the appearance of skin over the course of time. Botox injections seek to effectively relax facial muscles, which helps to remove lines and restore a more youthful appearance. In particular, Botox injections have been shown to be particularly beneficial for those experiencing issues with brow lines, or “elevens” as they are more commonly known.
Platelet Rich Plasma
Platelet Rich Plasma (commonly abbreviated to simply “PRP”) is an innovative treatment that plays a significant role in any facial rejuvenation procedure. PRP is considered to be a natural solution to signs of facial aging, as it uses your own blood to boost collagen production and help to stimulate cellular growth. When used regularly, PRP can help to alleviate issues such as facial lines, wrinkles, loss of volume, and much more besides.
As mentioned above, fat loss caused by natural aging can have a detrimental impact on the appearance of facial skin, resulting in a “sunken” or “hollow” appearance around the chin and cheeks. Fat transfer is a procedure designed to overcome this issue, by sourcing fat from other areas of the body (such as the abdomen or thighs) and transplanting it into the facial area. The results are impressive, helping the face to look fuller and more youthful.
Laser skin tightening
As the name suggests, laser skin tightening is a non surgical procedure that seeks to tighten skin using laser therapy In addition to providing immediate benefits to the appearance of skin, laser tightening also helps to stimulate collagen renewal, which leads to impressive, continuous results over subsequent months.
Ultherapy uses ultrasound therapy to deliver similar results to laser skin therapy, helping to smooth fine lines and alleviate wrinkles in order to achieve a noticeable youthening of facial skin and – if required – the decotellage.
… and many more besides!
In addition to those mentioned above, there are countless other techniques and procedures that can be used as part of a non surgical facial rejuvenation. Your treatment provider will work with you to ascertain particular areas of concern and decide which procedures are most suitable for both your immediate and long-term goals.
Is Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation Effective?
When provided by a qualified and licensed professional, non surgical facial rejuvenation can produce outstanding results for individuals who are concerned about the impact of aging on their skin. As the treatment is customized for your specific requirements, you can look forward to enjoying outstanding results that help to ease concerns regarding your facial skin – and boosting your self-confidence as a result.
Is Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation Permanent?
The longevity of the effects of a non surgical facial rejuvenation procedure depend on the specific procedures used, but most treatments tend to require regular top-ups in order to maintain the best possible results.
What Are The Benefits Of Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation Treatments?
- Comprehensive. A complete facial rejuvenation seeks to rectify a variety of different skin-related concerns in order to achieve the best results, making it a particularly good choice for those seeking a complete improvement without the need for drastic surgical procedures.
- Convenience. Full surgical procedures – such as face, brow or eye lifts – tend to require significant recovery times, which can restrict the ability to live life as you normally would for up to six weeks. In contrast, facial rejuvenation is quick, efficient, and requires little to no recovery; many of the treatments can be performed in less than an hour, and you’ll be able to resume normal activities almost immediately.
- Quick results. Due to the extensive recovery time necessary for full surgical procedures, it can be weeks – or even months – before an individual is able to enjoy the benefits of their treatment. However, non surgical treatments create almost instantaneous improvements to facial skin, without the need to endure a long healing process.
- Customised treatment plan. Facial rejuvenation allows you, on the advice of your provider, to select treatments that address your specific skin-related issues – be that wrinkles, age spots, texture concerns, acne, crow’s feet, or “elevens”. You can then address each of these concerns with targeted treatments that have been proven to be effective.
If you have despaired over the inadequacy of skincare products, or worried that full surgical cosmetic procedures are a little too drastic for your needs, then non surgical facial rejuvenation treatments offer the perfect middle ground. These treatments allow convenient access to a more youthful appearance and, perhaps most importantly of all, a huge boost to your self-confidence too.