Day of the Dermal Filler Treatment
- Apply an anesthetic block or numbing cream to reduce the discomfort. When you come to your appointment, your nurse will discuss with you the options for numbing.
- After injection of the dermal filler, it is very important that you do not move the treated areas for 2-3 hours. This helps the filler “settle into place.”
The use of ice will be at the discretion of your nurse. The area may remain slightly swollen or red through the day.
- If you have a propensity for bruising, we strongly recommend Arnica Montana, a supplement available in our clinics. It should be taken immediately after the treatment and continue as directed on the bottle.
Day Two after the Dermal Filler Treatment
- The area may remain red and somewhat swollen. We will provide you with instructions for massaging, manipulating, and or icing the area.
If there is bruising, continue taking the Arnica Montana. The bruising will dissipate over the next several days.
Over the Next Week, Following the Dermal Filler Treatment
- Redness and swelling in the treated area will continue to decrease. If you find areas with persistent redness, swelling, or white bumps, please call our office 410-449-2060